FAQ during the COVI19
General questions: Personal Lines
- Is McGoey Brothers open for Business?
- Yes, our staff is working from home, they are available through our regular business hours and email. The staff are using their own cell phones or landlines and remain available to deal with our clients through email, text and phone.
- If a customer is working from home as instructed by their employer, will there be any concerns with their property insurance?
- No, people are required to work from home due to the current situation with COVID19 are covered. This is an extra-ordinary situation where everyone is doing what is needed to help.
- Is it okay to amend the auto policy to class 01 – pleasure use if the customer is no longer commuting to work?
- Yes. You need to contact our office to advise us and once your allowed or called back into the workplace we ask you contact us back to advise the commute Kms to adjust the file.
- Is it okay to amend vehicles that are not being used to comprehensive only coverages?
- the short answer is yes however some of our insurer partners have guidelines that the coverage has to remain for 45 days to get the full effect of the coverage refund, some of the markets if there is only one vehicle require a OPCF # 16 suspension of coverage to remain on the file. Your account manager can assist you on this.
Payments – Billing
- Are policies that are on direct billing subject to NSF or reinstatement fees if I am late or cannot make my monthly payment, yes
- If I pay McGoey Brothers directly how would I do that.
- A. McGoey Brothers has set up a e- transfer option – email@example.com
We do have a small staff that is checking our drop box in Tottenham so cheques are still being received.
We are also taking credit card payments and amending your agency billed account to the company, so you have many options.
We ask that you contact your commercial team directly as all business insurance is on a case by case basis and every company is handling commercial policies differently. There is no one size fits all in commercial lines.
Your account Managers – Tod McGoey, Mike McGoey, Kim Dove & Tracy Gravelle
Our staff is here to help with coverages, advice, assistance with payments all you need to do is call us, and the staff will do what they can to help our clients in this unpresented time. Our goal is to make sure there is coverage in place throughout this pandemic, so your cars and homes and businesses remain insured.