Due to the COVID19 our offices are closed to walk in Traffic but we are here to service your accounts via email or phone calls during our regular office hours.
FAQ during the COVI19
General questions: Personal Lines
- Is McGoey Brothers open for Business?
- Yes, our staff is working from home, they are available through our regular business hours and email. The staff are using their own cell phones or landlines and remain available to deal with our clients through email, text and phone.
- If a customer is working from home as instructed by their employer, will there be any concerns with their property insurance?
- No, people are required to work from home due to the current situation with COVID19 are covered. This is an extra-ordinary situation where everyone is doing what is needed to help.
- Is it okay to amend the auto policy to class 01 – pleasure use if the customer is no longer commuting to work?
- Yes. You need to contact our office to advise us and once your allowed or called back into the workplace we ask you contact us back to advise the commute Kms to adjust the file.
- Is it okay to amend vehicles that are not being used to comprehensive only coverages?
- the short answer is yes however some of our insurer partners have guidelines that the coverage has to remain for 45 days to get the full effect of the coverage refund, some of the markets if there is only one vehicle require a OPCF # 16 suspension of coverage to remain on the file. Your account manager can assist you on this.
Payments – Billing
- Are policies that are on direct billing subject to NSF or reinstatement fees if I am late or cannot make my monthly payment?
- A. Yes all of our broker partners are waiving the NSF fees along with any reinstatement fees.
- If I pay McGoey Brothers directly how would I do that.
- A. McGoey Brothers has set up a e- transfer option – email@example.com
We do have a small staff that is checking our drop box in Tottenham so cheques are still being received.
We are also taking credit card payments and amending your agency billed account to the company, so you have many options.
- Our companies allowing flexibility on annual or 3 payment options?
- Yes, the companies are handing this on a case by case bases and you need to contact our accounts department or your account manager and they will assist.
- Are companies allowing deferrals of payments if they are on monthly?
- Again, this is accompany by company and on case by case basis. We were advised by the Insurance Bureau of Canada yesterday that all insurers were finalizing their individual plans to assist their policy holders but we have not been given any other direction at this time other than case by case.
- Can insurers cancel the policy for non payment if I cant make the payments
- Auto policies are being held for cancellation until May 15th and some companies stated May 25,2020, which means you will have an opportunity to catch up on the payments missed.
Home policies – are a case by case – some of our broker partners have agreed to not cancel and evoked the Declaration of Emergency Endorsement which extends the termination or expiry date, which means they will remain on risk and give you the chance to catch up on the payments and make sure all claims are handled accordingly.
We ask that you contact your commercial team directly as all business insurance is on a case by case basis and every company is handling commercial policies differently. There is no one size fits all in commercial lines.
Your account Managers – Tod McGoey, Mike McGoey, Kim Dove & Tracy Gravelle
Our staff is here to help with coverages, advice, assistance with payments you need to call us, and the staff will do what they can to help our clients in this unpresented time. Our goal is to make sure there is coverage in place throughout this pandemic, so your cars and homes and businesses remain insured.